When you live with a chronic illness, there is a sense of estrangement. Every step is a struggle. Everyone else seems to go about their lives effortlessly, while you have a keen awareness that your body isn’t working the way it should.
Naturally, you expect your doctor to understand. If not your doctor, who would? If you’re like most patients, though, you might quickly be disappointed. The deep support you had expected turns into 10-minute appointments that feel more like transactions than healthcare.
But, it doesn’t have to be that way.
At MaxWell Clinic, we believe you deserve more than the standard cookie-cutter approach to healthcare. MaxWell Care is an intensive program designed to help you uncover the root cause of your illness and deliver results that truly maximize your wellness.
In this article, we’ll discuss what you can expect in your first 3 months when you join MaxWell Care.
You Deserve More Than the “Norm”
We believe your body has an “inner intelligence” that allows it to heal – IF it’s supported well. In the standard, outdated model of care, many patients are left feeling alone.
But here’s the truth: healthcare is a team effort, and we aim to help you win.
When you become a MaxWell Care patient, we immediately surround you with a full team of compassionate healthcare professionals. Your team includes:
- Your clinician: MaxWell clinicians are highly trained in conventional and functional medicine. We’re committed to guiding you on your healing journey so you can become the healthiest version of yourself. Read Working With a Functional Medicine Doctor to get a glimpse into the MaxWell difference.
- Your nutritionist: Proper nutrition provides the foundation for good health. But when you have a chronic illness, you are even more vulnerable to deceptive diet advice. In MaxWell Care, we focus on what works for you. As an essential part of your team, your nutritionist teaches you which foods help address your unique health needs.
- Your MaxWell Advocate: Your biggest fan. Your MaxWell advocate is your go-to person for resources and support. As a patient in MaxWell Care, you have unlimited interactions with your MaxWell Advocate.
- Your MaxWell support team: Everyone at MaxWell Clinic – administrative and clinical – is passionate about their role in your journey towards better health.
First 3 Months of your MaxWell Care program
While your care is tailored to your unique needs, the first 3 months in the MaxWell Care program are the same for everyone. During this initial 3-month intensive, we start uncovering the root cause of your health concerns.
Ready to take your healthcare to the next level? Here’s what you can expect.
- Meet Your MWC Advocate: Our MaxWell Care program is unlike anything you’ve experienced before. Because your medical care should be tailored around you, we take the time to get to know you. That’s why your journey with us begins with your MaxWell advocate. Together, you’ll go through the MaxWell Care process and review your health goals.
- Initial Testing: Laboratory testing can reveal dysfunction where it matters – even at the cellular level. Your initial testing will consist of body composition tests, heart rate variability tests, non-invasive tests to measure your microvascular system performance, and others. These tests will provide us with a deep understanding of what’s going on in your body.
- Meet Your Clinician: The first appointment with your MaxWell Care clinician is 1.5 hours. This gives us ample time to listen and understand your medical history, discuss initial lab results, and start to develop your personalized wellness plan. This is where true healing starts!
- Review Your Personalized Wellness Plan: After your discussion with your clinician, you’ll meet with your MaxWell Advocate to review your wellness plan and get any support you may need to incorporate changes.
- Additional Testing: Our healthcare model is founded on the mantra “test, don’t guess.” Most medical offices only perform tests covered by health insurance companies.Since we are outside the standard insurance model, this gives us more freedom to go beyond the norm. Chronic illnesses are incredibly complex, and you may need advanced testing. That’s why we’ve formed an extensive network of over 30 laboratories worldwide. Rest assured, we’re committed to getting you the answers you need.
- Improve Your Health and Wellness: After a few weeks on your new wellness plan, you’ll likely notice some changes in your health. At your second 1.5-hour appointment, you and your clinician will dig deeper and uncover more opportunities to improve your health and wellness.
- Customize: If you and your clinician have made any changes to your wellness plan, your MaxWell advocate will meet with you to provide the support you need.
- MWC Nutritionist: Your diet has a tremendous effect on your health, but which is best for you? Keto? Paleo? Plant-based? With so many fad diets out there, navigating the grocery store aisles can quickly become overwhelming. We want to remove the guesswork for you. Your MaxWell Nutritionist will create a medically-tailored, personalized nutrition plan. Your recipes will not only be delicious but easy to understand and realistic for your lifestyle.
- Refine: As your health changes so does your wellness plan. In your third month in the MaxWell Care program, you will spend another 1.5 hours with your clinician refining your plan so that you can continue your journey to optimal health.
What Will My Treatment Plan Consist Of?
Your treatment plan is your map to optimal health. We recognize that a 50-year-old woman wouldn’t necessarily respond to a treatment plan the same way as a 30-year-old man. But in the conventional model, that’s what many patients get. This “one-size-fits-all” approach leaves much to be desired.
Once we determine the best course of treatment for your unique needs and concerns, we prescribe “what is wise and what works.” Your plan may consist of:
- Lifestyle modifications
- Dietary changes
- Educational offerings
A Different Model of Medical Care
It’s simple: we’re not your typical clinic. We’re passionate about building deep relationships with our patients, and we aim to help you heal. Radical improvements often mean being bold – and we don’t shy away from challenges.
Because we go beyond what’s typically offered at a conventional clinic, we don’t partner with any health insurance companies. We don’t believe insurance companies should dictate which patients we can see, how much time we can spend with our patients, or which treatments we can offer.
At MaxWell Clinic, you won’t have to worry about copays or deductibles.
Instead, we prioritize transparency. This means no hidden costs. No explanation of benefits (EOBs). No surprise bills. The cost for the MaxWell Care program is straightforward. If you need additional testing or supplements, we’ll tell you exactly how much it costs. How refreshing!
Nashville Functional Medicine – Your Health is Worth the Investment
Real transformation takes time. That’s why the MaxWell Care program offers two options: a 3-month plan and a 12-month plan. If you’d like to continue your wellness journey with us beyond the initial 3 months, we’d be honored to continue guiding you toward maximum health.
Whichever plan you choose, the whole process is centered around YOU. You’re the most important member of the team, and we’re here to empower you to become the key decision-maker when it comes to your health.
Joining MaxWell Care is easy. Simply fill out the form on this page, and you’ll receive a link to start your new patient paperwork. Don’t wait a moment longer. Start your healing journey today.