SLIT (Sub-Lingual Immuno-Therapy) is essentially allergy shots administered as custom-formulated drops under the tongue at home, not in an allergist's practice.
* They are cheaper than allergy shots.
* They are safer than allergy shots.
* They are very useful for treating molds - this is tough with allergy shots.
* They are VERY useful for treating food allergies - again, tough with allergy shots.
* Allergy drops can be administered at home, not taking time out of one's busy schedule to go to the doctor's office and sit there for 20 minutes after the shot is given.